Wednesday, November 12, 2008

roofs


There is a property that we are eyeing right now {not pictured above}, but the little house that we would live in would need a new roof. We live in the Southwest, oh let's just say it - we live in the desert. I grew up in Illinois and Pennsylvania. When I think of roofing materials, it doesn't really go beyond cedar shake shingles. I love them. If it was an option, I would buy a house covered in them. I don't see too many cedar shingled roofs out here in the desert so I'm off to investigate some viable options.

I was really surprised by the above photo. They chose a red metal roof for such a traditional architectural style and it works. It look quaint and tidy and I really love the pop of color. Now metal, I know would work here.

What are your favorite roofing materials?

Has anyone ever asked you that question before?

Let me be the first.

No comments: