Tuesday, November 11, 2008

what's in a name?


If you don't already know, I chose the blog title from a Dixie Chicks song. The starting lines of the chorus have resonated with me for years: Wide open spaces. Room to make the big mistakes. I don't live on a large piece of land with lots of wide open space. Rather I am far closer to my neighbors then I am comfortable with. Though we are hoping to be in 'a more spacious place' sooner rather than later, to me, wide open space is a mindset more then a reality.

There is a certain appeal to living in the country as well as there are things about a big city that I crave. No matter the spot I am making my way back to that wide open space within me. I am de-cluttering: mind, soul & body. I am making room for the stuff I love and losing the stuff I've only picked up along the way.

No comments: