Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Amaretto


When I saw this recipe on In(side) the Loop's great blog, I decided to whip up a batch of Amaretto to go with the cranberry liquor that I made for my sister. This recipe is so yummy and so easy. It was a breeze compared to the cranberry liquor.

Homemade Amaretto

3½ cups sugar
1 tbsp. instant coffee
1 oz. almond extract
5 tsp. vanilla extract
5 dashes Peychaud's bitters
1 fifth [about 25.6 ounces] of vodka

Dissolve sugar in 2 cups boiling water. Add instant coffee and stir until completely dissolved. Remove from fire and stir in remaining ingredients. Be sure to taste, but consider yourself warned when you're making this at 9AM.

{yummy in cocoa, champagne, amaretto sours & lots more…}

2 comments:

Courtney said...

So so glad you whipped some up and enjoyed making it as much as we do year after year! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. xx

Mindy said...

You really did this?
How amazing!
I am so impressed.
How'd it turn out?